This week, I get to go to “Active Shooter Training,” as required by the university. I thought this was grim and cynical, but then maybe I’m grim and cynical: I think gun laws, like drug laws, like our ill-conceived attempt at alcohol Prohibition, will just make the underground market more powerful. If people want something, someone will supply it, legally or not. Demand and desire make common ground for anything prohibited. So, with despair and resignation, I guess “Active Shooter Training” will always be a good idea.
- Video: Police “active shooter” training at Columbia High (timesunion.com)
- Bay Area Law Enforcement Encourages Fighting Back Against Active Shooters (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- Leadership Broward Members Get Active Shooter Training (nbcmiami.com)
- Officers go through active shooter training in York Co. (wcnc.com)
- Active Shooter Training Open to All (thesplendidsiren.wordpress.com)
- Clarksville Police Department Updates Active Shooter Training (clarksvilleonline.com)