The late Francis Schaeffer has a following among Reformed and evangelical pastors.
I wonder how many of those pastors know that Schaeffer once had to pause his ministry, think through his faith, and struggle to decide whether he could maintain what he called historical, Biblical Christianity.
Even with my sincere respect for dedicated pastors, I think they should admit they can recite the deep stuff they learned in seminary without ever having thought through anything.
Nothing insincere will last.
If your faith is based on someone else’s arguments and someone else’s experiences, your faith will fail.
Your own convictions — your own possession of your faith — will carry you farther than a zealous assembling of arguments from a stack of books.
Related articles: Audio- Ultimate Apologetics MP3- Apologetics315 (thoughtlife.com)
- Remembering Francis Schaeffer at 100 (Part 1) (haltingarkansasliberalswithtruth.com)
- Remembering Francis Schaeffer at 100 (Part 10) (haltingarkansasliberalswithtruth.com)
- The Works of Francis Schaeffer (challies.com)
- Francis Schaeffer – 100 Years (str.typepad.com)
- How Francis Schaeffer Saved My Saved Soul (challies.com)
- Remembering Francis Schaeffer at 100 (Part 9) (haltingarkansasliberalswithtruth.com)
- Remembering Francis Schaeffer at 100 (Part 8) (haltingarkansasliberalswithtruth.com)
- Francis Schaeffer would have been 100 this year (haltingarkansasliberalswithtruth.com)
- Apologetics, Then and Now (lanternhollowpress.com)