Click here to access a larger view of the following graphic from the Religion News Service, based on figures from the Pew 2007 Religious Landscape Survey.
A few thoughts spurred by the above graphic:
- To expand your church, look for younger, uneducated people (see the “nothing in particular” circle).
- Anglicans are smarter but older.
- Ecstatic experience seems less likely among the educated.
- Protestant evangelicals want to reach many people who are both better-educated and younger than they are.
- On balance, Anglicans are better educated than atheists and agnostics.